Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 22, 2010

time travel on phone....

A page from my friend’s diary……….

She is my best friend, maybe because we share common thoughts and I love her a lot. She is the apple of my eye. She was at her home and I was chatting with her on phone from my college. I asked her to look at the night sky.

“it is beautiful, especially because there is a powercut in Delhi..”, she said.

“Well here there is electricity and I am talking to you, so , I could imagine nothing other than being with you and holding your hand. And…. Hey…. Where are u lost?”

Then she started,

“ when I was a child , I used to go to my village somewhere in Haryana I don’t remember now. I loved my granny very much, so I used to be with her during the entire summer vacation. In the morning granny used to feed the pigeons cereals and I used to have fun with them too. After that I would make my granny bride. Used to comb her hair, make her wear clothes and put different lipsticks. It was fun… are u listening?”

“I am very much with you sweetie. Just trying to imagine things alonwith. Carry on sugar..”

“ yeah better be attentive.” She smiles

“ I don’t remember many instances like this because I was a kid, but tonight this darkness has brought an instance to my mind. It was a hot summer night. There was no moon and thus the sky was bright with twinkling stars. I was lay down on my mom’s lap and she was fanning me. I looked at the stars and tried to speak to them. Mom , dad and granny were having a conversation which was not of my interest. I was staring at the shining stars and drowned into sleep. So good it was, to be kid , to have no tensions of any kind. Isn’t it? And the sky it was so clear at that time. Nw pollution has enveloped the sky with dust and today I can hardly see any stars.”

Very true sweetie. Come to Assam sometime. I will show you the stars. It is still clear there. Don’t know till when, but for now it is clear..”

So what are you planning to do next ?

“ me? i…..”

And the conversation lasted for another hour, and finally her battery died. Then I switched off my lights, and thought how good it was when I was a kid and used to visit my village. Used to go on cycle to the village centre with my uncle and he used to buy me a toffee everytime. Now demands have increased. Instead of toffee kids want chocolate , want to goto movies and water park in summer vacations instead of their village. Living in city has become a status, hardly any relatives are visited except on some need or in family get togethers where no one leaves a stone unturned to show their pompousness.

Any how life is long . tomorrow morning again I have to start a new day, forgetting all the sorrows and dejection of yesterday. Because everyone has the right to live.

goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment